- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil/ grapeseed oil / coconut oil (whichever you prefer)
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 diced bell pepper, any color
- 1lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 jar of red pasta sauce of your choice
- Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds like you would a pumpkin. Place halves in a dish face down. Microwave for 8-12 mins to soften. Let stand for 5 mins and then scrape out any more seeds and strings with a fork.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, less than 5 mins. Add garlic and peppers and cook another 2-3 mins.
- Remove veggies and cook the ground protein of you choice. Cook until cooked through, pushing it around in the pan to break it up into small pieces, about 5 mins. Add salt n pepper to taste.
- Add veggies and pasta sauce to pan with beef and let simmer for 10 mins.
- Place your squash in a bowl with your meat-veggie sauce on top and enjoy!
For Oven Version:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and extra strings by scooping it out.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place face down on a baking sheet with tin foil and bake for 40-50 mins until soft.
- Follow step 2-5 to finish recipe!